As of yesterday, I have been in Australia for 6 weeks. I am totally loving it!! However, I am unemployed again…which is a bit worrisome.
Recapping the past 2 weeks:
– Last week I started a fundraising job, but I was fired after my first official 4 hour shift. Australia has been full of firsts for me … I ate kangaroo, went sand boarding, learned to surf and got fired! Sooooo I am back on the job hunt. I hope to have something AGAIN by the end of the week.
– Last weekend was really fun! Grace and I went to see American Sniper Friday night, and the Saturday we checked out a farmer’s market at The Rocks. The stuff there was really neat! We walked across the Sydney Bridge, and then we went to Observatory Hill, and a hotel with a really pretty view at the top floor.
– Rob had a BBQ at our apartment with a lot of the people that go to his gym Saturday night. They are all really into this Juice Plus supplement, and so we had a doctor from Perth at the house for the weekend. The Juice Plus pill seems interesting…but they are all a little overboard obsessed with it!! haha
– Anyway, the BBQ was really fun! The people there were really fun, and Rob’s girlfriend has been working with this American girl – Katie – who we met that night and she is a blast! After the BBQ, Grace, Katie and our friend Sophie all went to this bar called Scary Canary (its a big one for backpackers). So that was really fun!
– Sunday Grace, Chris, Alex and I all went to Manly Beach. We waited over an hour to catch the ferry there, and the beach was quite busy…We had a really good time and even ran into our friend from Ultimate Oz (Chelsie) when she was waiting tables in one of the restaurants there. However, I don’t think Manly Beach is all its cracked up to be. We went to the aquarium there, and it was the smallest aquarium I think I have ever seen. But, all in all, it was a great weekend!
– This past week I tried to get a Mon-Fri administration job, but haven’t heard back from anything so I am going for waitressing jobs now.
– This past weekend was equally as exciting! Friday night Grace, Katie and I went to this really nice Italian restaurant and then saw Fifty Shades of Grey (a pretty disappointing movie). Dinner was fantastic, and the three of us had a really good time together.
– When we were getting out of the movie Rob and his girlfriend were at this little American bar with some of the women from the BBQ last weekend. We hung out there, and then Rob showed us this “special spot” that he and his son go to with a really pretty view of the city.
– Saturday morning the whole house was woken up at 7:40 for my Valentine’s surprise!! 😀 Even when the U.S. is a day behind, love knows no distance!!
-Alicia and Alice are both back in Sydney, so we had a big BBQ at our apartment Saturday with Chris, Alex, Alice, Alicia, Sophie, Katie and Grace. Later in the night, we went to the small American bar.
– Sunday I went to the Blue Mountains again with Chris, Alex, Alice, Colter, Katie and Grace. We had a really great time! We went on the world’s steepest railway and two different cable car/chair lift things. It was absolutely gorgeous, and the group was really fun!
– Grace, Katie and I had a blast on the ride home. It was about a 2 hour train ride back to Sydney and I don’t think we stopped laughing the entire time. The whole train car must have hated us! Hilarious though!
– Today, I went into town and applied to a ton of jobs, bought a book and then chilled at the beach for a while. So it was a pretty good day all things considered.